Monday, September 26, 2005

Since I don't go to church and I am against intrusion of religion into government, many people think that I obviously do not believe in God. I am not an atheist. In fact I do believe in existence of a God. As a person with scientific background, I do not believe that science is able to explain the existence of the universe or why we are here. If there is no higher being than us and that life in the universe is just one random process, then our existence is rather meaningless. The rights and wrongs that we do would be of little significance. So I do believe in a God who will judge us and will also give our lives meaning in eternity. I do not believe, however, that any of the major religions represent the true God. Most people have faith in their religion, believing their religion is the right one. I don't have problem with what each person believes in. I just personally don't have faith in any particular religion. I think one can communicate with God without calling him by the name given by any religion. I am really not smart enough to know who is the right God. I do know somethings about the true God. A few of these things I list below show why I don't think that any of the major religion is the right one for me.

I am not smart enough to know who is the true God, but I know that if Judaism is the true religion, then the Jews will not be the chosen people. Nor would anyone else be.

I am not smart enough to know what is the true religion, but if Confucius is the most intelligent one, China would not have claimed to be the Middle Kingdom and Chinese women would not be second class citizens.

I do not know if the Protestants or Catholics represent Chrisitanity better, but if Jesus is the son of the true God, He would be abhored by what has happened in Northern Ireland in recent history.

I do not know who is the true God, but if Hinduism is the true religion then I know that the Brahma would never have created the caste system.

I do not know what is the true religion, but I do know that if Buddha is really the enlightened one, then Mother Teresa would be among the most blessed ones in Nirvana.

I do not know who is the true God, but I know that if Allah is the really God, then He would cry when terrorists blow up a bus with innocent Israel children on board.

I do not know who is the true God, but I know that if God is Jewish, He would cry when Israeli helicoptors kill Palestinians in retaliation.

I am not smart enough to know what is the true religion, but I know if Catholicism is the true religion then one million confessions will not save the priests who molested children.

I do not know who is the true God, but I know the true God would not let children die because He would not allow his followers to have transfusions.

I do not know what is the true religion, but if Shintoism is the true religion, then all the Japanese war crimnals would rotting in hell now.

I do not know who is the true God, but if Allah is the true God, then He would be devasted by the Sunnis and Shiites fighting each other in his name.

I don't know much about the true God, but I do know that He would not really care if we give him credit for creating the universe, but He would be happy to see if we can figure out how He did it.

I am not smart enough to know who is the true God, but I know whoever He is, He did not give the Jews all the land of Israel for eternity, He did not make China the center of the world, He did not give Kasmir to either Hindus or Moslems and He did not give Europeans and Americans the right to enslave other people or to colonize them.

I do not believe the true God would condemn anyone to hell because he does not believe Him as the true God. Afterall, would you condemn your children to hell if they don't think you are the greatest? The true God would be more forgiving than us, not less.

We will not be blessed just because polticians ask God to bless America. We will be blessed only if we try to do the right things. Do you think praying at the shrine of war crimnals help the Japanese prime minister get to Heaven? Would the Chinese Communist party leaders be blessed by going to a Budhist temple? Would the Christians who started the Crusades be welcomed home by Jesus? Would going to the mosque three times a day help members of Al Qaeda who were responsible for 9/11?

I don't know the name of the true God. As you can see, I believe none of the major religions know either. So I won't be going to churches or temples to look for Him. I believe He lives within each of us. When we do the right things, we will find Him.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:07 PM

    Why one Mac owner might go back to Windows
    To many Macintosh owners, it is anathema even to suggest that Apple computers are anything but vastly superior to Windows PCs.
    soluz dellite is the owner of
    cellulite lotion
    which is a premier resource for cellulite lotion information.
    for more information, go to http://www.celluliteaid.com

    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a cellulite lotion site/blog. It pretty much covers cellulite lotion related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:32 PM

    Gee, 3 comments (not including mine) and only one seems to not be peddling a product. That was a good read AYM. I'm impressed with your philosophies on religion.

    -Spartacus

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man