Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Well, my man Joe Biden got the vp nomination. I did not think Obama would pick him even though he was the most qualified candidate for president in my opinion. He had not generated much electricity in his presidential campaign. He does have a lot of experience, especially in foreign relations, so will be a help to Obama. It also forces McCain to go with someone of experience so that Pawlenty from Minnesota is less likely to be picked. I think McCain will go with Romney even though they don't like each other. Romney may help McCain win Mich. as it is a close call right now. McCain would win Utah anyway and Mass. will go to Obama even if Romney is selected. Biden may help Obama clinch Pennsylvania. Delaware was Democrat's anyway.

I was in Springfield by chance on Sat. so we went to the Obama announcement. It was not organized well. There was no water sold and no porta-johns. Everyone was getting dehydrated. You would think that since Obama has drawn large crowds everywhere he has gone, they would have at least water available. Most of the crowd was white with less than 20% black and almost no Latinos or Asians. That seemed strange to me unless the demographic of Illinois is a lot different than I expected. I would think that a lot of blacks would have come down from Chicago. But the crowd was very enthusiastic given the energy sapping weather.

I missed the convention today and did not see Biden talk. Yesterday I saw Clinton and thought she was great. She and Bill are the ultimate politicians and they know that to preserve their legacies they had to come out strong for Obama. If Obama loses, Hillary will be the front runner in 2012 again. Even if Obama wins and goes 8 years, Hillary still can run then because Biden will be 73 by then and unlikely be able to run and win. Her great speech Tue. is going help her in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:01 AM

    I was never a big Biden fan but the more I hear about the guy, the more I like him. I also didn't realize he was as old as he is. Aside from the problem he had a few years ago he seems to be in great health. His son Beau I predict will run for president one day if he comes back from Iraq alive. He did a good job introducing his father and Biden's speech was pretty good. Bill Clinton stole the show on Wednesday proof that he's still got it.

    I thought Hillary's speech was pretty good as well. I wonder if she will accept a position in Obama's cabinet like Sec. of State.

    I am interested to watch the GOP convention though I probably won't get a chance to while I'm on vacation.

    I really hope that McCain doesn't pick Romney. McCain ran such a good campaign in the primaries and now it looks like he's using old school tactics and you really can't see him as the Maverick anymore.

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man