Sunday, May 18, 2014

Karl Rove said that Hillary Clinton may have brain damage from an injury.   He defended himself by saying that a presidential candidate's health should be under scrutiny.  He is right about that but Clinton has not declared her candidacy.  I mean, are we going to make Chris Christie's obesity an issue now before he is a candidate?  At least Chrisitie is in office right now.  Clinton is a private citizen.  This sort of attack may fire up the base but to independents it seems like Rove is scared that Clinton will be the nominee.  If Clinton does have brain damage why would Rove be scared that she runs?  You mean your candidate, whoever he or she will be, cannot beat a brain damaged person?  If she is incapable of being the president, it will come out in the campaign.  She may get herself disqualified by, for example, not remembering which 3 cabinets she would get rid of if she becomes president.  So by attacking Clinton now, Rove just makes himself look scared of Clinton.

I predict that Amy will win DWTS.  I would agree that Davis is the best dancer left but I think the difference in skill is so small between the two that Amy will overcome that with the voting.

The movie about Dan the Korean adoptee is now on YouTube.  Look for aka Dan on YouTube.  The movie is broken down into 7 segments of about 15 minutes each so there is interruption with the flow as you click for the next segment.  There is also some repeated scenes.  But the excellence of the movie makes these minor annoyances irrelevant.  Please be sure to check it out.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:18 AM

    Thanks for the heads up on the Dan the Korean thing. I look forward to watching it sometime soon!

    I am not a fan of Rove. He is arrogant and a big mouth. For some reason, a lot of right wing people like this guy. He is like Rush but with a Washington Insider's badge.

    Saying that, I wonder if there's a good reason for him to say what he did or if he just did it out of the blue.

    It could be that he heard that Clinton would be announcing soon. Now, if that's the case, I guess planting a seed about her health is a shot in the dark. Who knows, it could convince a small percentage of voters who were undecided.

    It may backfire at some point, because you'll hear of her taking a physical exam and coming out with flying colors.

    I get a feeling that Rove was just spouting off and this was not some kind of strategy. He's been known to just go off course. He's like Biden in that way.

    I might have to watch DWTS this week. Since it's a show I don't watch, the finals sound intriguing! I am rooting for Amy but it will all come down to execution. The dance that she did with the table was one of the best ones I've seen in a long time.

    Maks is hungry and wants to win. I am sure he has a ton of fans who will vote. I am interested to see if the pressure will get to him.

    I really don't want the other two to win it and don't see it happening.

    I watched a George Plimpton documentary on PBS this weekend. Thought it was pretty good. I never realized how close he was to Hemmingway and that the magazine he started was still alive.

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to watch Plimpton but it was on at the same time as the Barbara Walters special. Since my wife wants to watch Walters, I only got to see small parts of Plimpton. I am sure I can catch it later as PBS always rebroadcast everything several times. But I was surprised how many things Plimpton tried. Paper lion was nowhere near the most dangerous thing in his career! So he was quite a man although I find it hard to believe that he was a lady's man since he looked very nerdy to me. But then I guess he was a lot better looking than Kissinger was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:35 AM

    So you only have one TV in your house? There was some really interesting things about Plimpton. He was close to the Kennedys. Bobby in particular. He was there when he was shot and helped detain the killer.

    There was a great thing near the end when he played for the Boston Bruins as a goalie. Guy could barely skate but it was pretty funny to watch.

    As I had predicted a while back, I think Davis will win DWTS. The only hope is that Amy will get more fan votes. I am not sure if she has the fan base that Davis has. Plus, I think a lot of people are pulling for Maks to win it.

    What is killing me is that the girl from Full House made it to the final. I don't really think she is a top 3 dancer, but she obviously has a big fan base.

    I thought that Amy's free style was awesome and can't believe Len penalized her for using the rope, which in itself, should have added points!

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man