Sunday, April 03, 2016

Well, now that FBI got someone to hack into the iphone of the San Bernardino terrorist without the help of Apple, I think we can conclude that nothing can be totally private.  Apple, having refused to help the government, now has egg on its face.  The world now knows that its products are not impenetrable.  For us consumers, if there is something we don't want anyone else to know, do not put it in computers, email, smart phones, icloud etc.

Scottie Pippen claims the 1995 Bulls would sweep the Warriors of today.  Total nonsense.  It is not really possible to compare generation to generation but to think that anyone of any era can sweep the Warriors is ridiculous.  I would not put the Warriors as the best of all time even if they beat the Bulls' record of 72 wins.  They would have to repeat the championship first to be in the conversation.  But I think they match up well with the Bulls.  I think the Big Two of Jordan and Pippen are better than Curry and Thompson due to superior size and defense.  But Draymond Green is better than Dennis Rodman, the Bulls number three.  Harrison Barnes and Andrew Bogut are better than Ron Harpper and Luc Longley.  So let say the top five are pretty even.  But the Bulls bench was very thin.  Toni Kucocic is good and Steve Kerr would be a bigger player today with the importance of the three point shot.  But there is practically nobody else any good beyond those two.  The Warriors has Andre Igudala, Speights, Ezelli, Livingston, Barbosa, Rush.  All those are excellent reserves and in case of Igudala, a former all star and playoff mvp.  I don't know who would win but I don't think the Bulls are better.  By the way, if they do play, will Steve Kerr devise a strategy to stop Steve Kerr?

Opening day for baseball is here.  I don't follow baseball too much anymore especially since I don't get Dodgers games on tv.  Time Warners tried to decrease the price of the Dodger games this season to entice Directv and others to opt in.  No taker so far.  I don't want to pay extra for local games even if this is Vin Scully's last season. Vin Scully himself has said he feels uncomfortable being used as a negotiation ploy in this impasse.  I will take Toronto to win the AL and the Mets to win the NL and the World Series.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:14 AM

    Been meaning to respond to your post, but I've been super busy.

    I was surprised it took so long to hack into that phone. I guess it doesn't concern me too much because I don't care if anyone sees what is on my phone, but I understand why people are concerned about privacy too.

    That Bulls team was probably the best I had seen. Two different styles and it would be interesting to see who would win between them and the Warriors. I doubt that the Bulls would sweep. I used to be a fan of Pippen but I have a feeling he thinks a little too highly of himself. How do you rate these teams? Are there other teams you consider better? I might make a case of those late 80's Laker teams with Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Cooper and Scott. I don't know if there's a team that could do it all like those.

    It's too bad that you can't see the Dodger games anymore. I think they have a shot at the World Series so I'll pick them along with a bold prediction that the Red Sox will be there at the end. I am interested to see how the Tigers do. They've improved on offense but the pitching is a little iffy.

    On DWTS I am really impressed with the deaf guy. His technique is really good and is the best of all the contestants. I don't know how he is doing it. I'd predict that he would win it, but it's hard to imagine that he can keep doing this well.

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man