Sunday, November 01, 2020

 Two days left before the most important election of our time!  Tomorrow I will try to make my prediction of the election.  So try to check it out.

As a physician, I am offended by Trump saying that the COVID deaths are inflated because doctors get paid more if they diagnosed COVID as the cause of death.  This is again another attempt to deflect blame for his incompetence in handling the pandemic.  Everyone from the Chinese government, the state governors, and Fauci had been blamed by Trump before.  Now he goes after the doctors who treat COVID patients.  Never mind that some of those saved his life.  As I said before, if he doesn't believe the science and thinks he know better than the doctors, why didn't he take hydroxychloroquine and inject disinfectants when he got sick?

The truth is that the COVID deaths totals are probably under counted.  There are more than 100,000 excessive deaths this year compare to the average.  That means you take the total numbers of deaths this year (up to end of October), subtract the number of deaths due to COVID and you get around 100,000.  There maybe increase in deaths due to other illnesses this year.  There also could be more people died at home because they were too scared of going to the hospital during the pandemic.  But at least some of these excessive deaths are probably caused by COVID but were not diagnosed.  So I think the number of COVID deaths have been under counted.

Trump complained about Fauci talking to the press.  That is because Fauci is telling the truth and Trump doesn't want the people to hear it.  He does want his "expert" Scott Atlas to talk because he says what Trump wants to hear.  The problem is Atlas is a neuro radiologist and has no expertise in infectious disease and epidemiology.  This is like me, an internist, talking about open heart surgery.  Or a neuro surgeon running the department of HUD.  Oh, Trump did appoint one of those.

So Atlas goes on RT America which is a Russian operation whose goal is to spread Russian propaganda in the U.S.  Atlas claims that he didn't know what RT is.  Maybe he could have looked it up before the interview?  During the interview, he spew his usual agenda of ant-mask, anti-lock down and anti-testing of asymptomatic people.  Not only was he giving the Russian media access to somebody close to the president, he looked foolish with his views which I am sure the Russians will be too happy to share with the rest of the world.

Sometimes people who has great academic credential do not have a lot of common sense.  My wife told me she talked to a friend of ours recently and found out he voted for Trump again.  This man is Chinese American with a doctorate in science from one of the top university in the country.  He also recently lost his job with a top U.S. defense contractor.  The pandemic was the reason given for his layoff.  His reasoning for voting for Trump?  Tax cut.  He understands all the lies, all the mishandling of the pandemic, and the racial tension under Trump.  But the tax cut trumps all those!  It is impossible to debate this.  If I am mean, I guess my final response would be that, yes, he will be paying lower taxes this year.  After all, your income tax surely will certainly fall without employment income!  And that is directly related to mishandling of the pandemic!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:32 PM

    I think that people have various values they base things on. I watched 60 Minutes and one of the things someone said was that they were pro life. Another person said it was to protect their 401k. So if that's the most important thing to you, then there's nothing to debate.

    My parents were happy with Trump because they saw their investments go up. So if you believe that the president is responsible for that, then you would vote for him.

    I like to look at the big picture. I believe that you have to check the pros and cons of each candidate and hopefully you can come to a conclusion that one candidate checks more boxes than the next. As an Independent, I don't vote red or blue, like many of my friends.

    This also allows me to not look at things in red or blue glasses and to look the other way. Are either of these candidates perfect. No. Not even close. But as my brother would say, I am voting for the lesser of two evils.

    Can't wait to see your predictions. I won't make any except that I am encouraged and I hope I am correct.

    Do you think Trump wins easily if there was no pandemic to deal with?

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly if there is one issue that is most important to you, then maybe all others are irrelevant. But in the case of our friend, he only cares about his pocket book. But the truth is that his pocketbook took a big hit since he lost his job. Obviously, he will rationalize that it is not Trump's fault that the pandemic came which caused the economy to collapse and thus his losing the job. But if Trump doesn't get the blame for the disaster, why did our friend give him credit for his 401-k going up? Again, it is not a rational debate.

    I am going over my calculations to make sure they are correct so I can make the predictions tonight. I think if there was no pandemic, it would be a toss-up. Biden would have to flip Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin to win as there are no other pathway. I think Trump would hold the states he won before, except those three. You would think even without the pandemic, Biden has a reasonable chance to flip them since Clinton only lost all 3 by a total of 70,000 and Biden is much more popular than Clinton in those states. So will see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:23 PM

    I always said that money talks and it is the motivation for many people. I also always thought that if the economy did well, then people would be happy. I'm really surprised that the Democrats have not talked more about how the economy was on the upswing when Trump took over. I question your friend's values. Is he Asian? If so, all the money in the world can't help him with the anti-Asian rhetoric that is being fueled by this administration.

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was surfing the Internet for information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. occhiali da sole calvin klein

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. occhiali da sole ray ban orion

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man