Friday, December 17, 2021

 On the Stephen Colbert show last night, it made fun of the Chicago Bulls running out of players due to COVID and had to bring people from the stands to fill in.  This reminds me of a dream I had a few years ago.

I dreamed that I was watching the Pistons play the Boston Celtics at the old Boston Garden.  Due to injuries and foul disqualifications, the Pistons were down to 4 players.  So this announcement was made:   Anyone from Detroit in the stands?  I rushed onto the court and was given an uniform.  

I realized that I could not possibly defend against any of the Celtics players.  So I would just wander on the periphery with my hands up.  As the shot went up, I didn't think about boxing out for the rebound, I just took off down court.  To my surprise, Bill Lambeer would frequently get the rebound and fired it down court where I was all alone.  I made several layups that way to keep the game close.

Then with a few seconds to go and the Pistons down by one, I got the pass and sprinted down the court with the ball.  As I drove to put up the layup that would win the game, I felt a severe cramp on one of my calf.  As a result of the pain, I was not able to jump and the shot came up short off the front of the rim.  I yelled in frustration.  Then I woke up.

As I woke up screaming, I realized that I actually did have a bad cramp on my calf.  It took several minutes for the cramp to ease for me to go back to sleep.  I vowed that I would start practicing so that I would be in better shape the next time I face Larry Bird and company.

So the parody on the Colbert Show last night confirms that dreams can come true.  I am going to start getting into shape, just in case the Pistons need me again!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:47 PM

    Though I think the Pistons already made their west coast trip, you should go see them when they come to play the Lakers or Clippers. Who knows, maybe they will need you to go in! I've got some shoes that train your legs to jump higher that you can borrow!

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man