Sunday, October 08, 2017

Jeremy Lin has his hair in dreadlocks!  Lin has been playing around with his hair in the past couple of seasons.  He usually enlists a teammate or two in setting his hair style.  In particularly he made sure he consulted his teammate Rondie Hollis Jefferson before getting his hair done.  He did not want in anyway offend African Americans with his new hair style.  Of course an ex NBA player Kenyon Martin tweeted against Lin suggesting that he tries to be black when he is not.  Lin responded with a diplomatic tweet thanking Martin for his opinion.  He subtly noted that Martin had tattoos of Chinese characters on his body.  Public opinion came out for Lin.  But Martin got some racist remark directed at him.  Lin then tried to tell his supporters that they should not do that and that everyone is titled to his opinion.  

Well, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  So I don't see any problem with Lin in dreadlocks anymore than Halle Berry in straight hair.  It is quite different than the Cleveland Indians logo which looks silly to me.  Personally, I don't see why athletes want to have dreadlocks.  It must be more sweaty than short or no hair.  And if you play in the NFL, it is a disadvantage because tackling by pull on the hair is NOT a penalty!  But as long as the coach allows it, a player can wear his hair any way he wants.  But like Lin said, Martin is entitled to his opinion and I hope Lin fans do not keep attacking Martin.

So VP Pence shows up at a Colts game and leaves after the national anthem because some players from SF kneeled.  I think this was all planned by Pence to rally his and Trump's base.  He knew all along the SF players were going to kneeled at the anthem and by leaving right after, he draws more attention to the controversy.  In fact, it was reported that he told his security detail to be prepared to leave real early.  I think maybe at this time, both sides are preaching to the choir!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:13 PM

    Wow, I originally responded to your blog earlier today. I am not going to repeat what I wrote, except to say that I did not like the stunt by Pence. I also did not like the use of taxpayer dollars to fly him out from LV to Indy and then back out west. I'm sick of seeing all this waste of money which can be used for better things that are not political. Speaking of which, I had asked about how we have not seen or heard from Elaine Chao. Well, apparently she has been pretty active travelling and using private jets. Check out this link. I hope I don't get erased again.

    https://nextshark.com/elaine-chow-transportation-secretary-spent-taxpayers-money-on-private-jet-flights-to-italy/

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the old saying that those who have power tend to abuse it. So I am not surprised that many people in government abuse their power and waste tax payers money. Contrast Chao and Pence with Gary Locke, the former governor of Washington. Locke was photographed in China when he was ambassador of traveling on commercial flight, carrying his own bags. The Chinese applaud him because their government officials would travel with an entourage and lead a privileged life. Now I guess Chinese citizens will have that same image of American officials.

    Trump implies that he has a higher IQ than Rex Tillerson. He also made fun of the height of Bob Corker. Trump has claimed to be smarter than other people many times and he has made fun of people's height, weight and looks. Typical bully stuff and shows insecurity on his part. Doesn't he know that he is not good looking and overweight? Mensa has offered to give him and Tillerson IQ tests. I hope Tillerson or anyone takes him up on it. Somebody short should also challenge him to one on one basketball. Hack, I am not as sharp in my thinking as I used to be and I am not so quick on my feet anymore. But I will be happy to take him on in IQ tests and basketball! But a better candidate than me would be Jon Stewart. Stewart is a lot shorter than Trump and Trump had claimed that he is smarter than Stewart. My money is on Stewart!

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man