Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Took a little time off to ponder what the heck happened in 2016 that led to the election of Donald Trump.  I still don't have enough energy to analyze what will Trump do this year and what will happen to the country under his watch.  But having made my trip over the holiday, I feel that we can survive the next four years with Trump.  But 8 years?  Yikes!

I went to Las Vegas and Grand Canyon over the holidays.  Being in Vegas, I have concluded Americans will party and spend no matter who is the president.  So even though I am skeptical of Trump's economic policies, I think the economy is strong enough at this point to hang on for next four years.  Visiting Grand Canyon gives me a chance to reflect how small we are and how little time we are on this earth.  That canyon is so vast and was formed over million of years that I think what will happen in the next four years will be insignificant.  So overall I feel better after this trip to two vastly different places.

One thing Vegas and the Grand Canyon have in common is the ethnicity of the visitors to both places.  The Asians are the plurality if not the majority at both places!  I am not surprise about Vegas.  For some reason, Asians like to gamble and they don't usually have religious ties to Christmas.  Just like Thanksgiving, a lot of Asians don't care to cook a turkey,  so they flock to Vegas.  But I was surprise that there were a lot of Asians visiting Grand Canyon.  For whatever the reason, I am glad that there are great number of Asians who are taking in the beauty of the outdoors instead of the sedentary life of Vegas.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:32 AM

    Happy New Year to Angry Yellow Man. It will be an interesting year for sure. As much as I've not agreed with a lot of the cabinet appointments, I'll try to hold off on making statements. I've always said there's many ways to skin a cat. I've always said that if the economy does well, it helps in a lot of areas and people feel better about life.

    Now, as I say and think this. I hope that it's not a case where the rich get richer. I truly believe that the middle class needs to be boosted up and I hope this will be the case with this new administration.

    That being said, I'm still concerned that there will be a lot of hatred on both sides and I hope that I can survive the hatred. It just seems that the divide in the country is only going to get worse in the immediate future. Trump had his opportunity to bridge things but it is looking early on that it's not a top priority.

    You are right about the perspective of how small we are. The only thing I can say is to spend time with your loved ones and enjoy each and every day.

    I'd like to go to the Grand Canyon one of these days. Maybe I'll go there when I go to Vegas (whenever that is)!

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man