Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Yes, I am an Asian American. However, the things I will be writing about on this web site will rarely be about Asians. Sometimes I won’t even be angry. Most of you who happen to come across this site will agree with some of my opinions but will also disagree with some of my other opinions. If you are an extreme liberal or an extreme conservative you probably won’t like what you read here. I think it is people like you who cause so many of the problems in this country. You are so close minded that you agree with liberal Democrats or conservative Republican views on an issue when it is obviously wrong. Unfortunately, it is people like you who dominate the two major political parties. As a result people who are not of either extreme find it difficult to vote for anybody they really like for political office. We are usually voting for the less of two evils. Frankly, I wish the moderates in both the Republican and Democratic parties would come together and form an independent-minded party.

Notice I said an independent-minded and not a centrist party. I don’t believe that we should be middle of the road on every issue. In my future writings, you’ll notice that I may sound extremely liberal or extremely conservative on a particular subject. I believe that sometimes the liberals are right, sometimes the conservatives are right and other times a compromise is in order. In a way this makes an independent-minded party difficult to form as reasonable people may have extremely different opinions about a particular issue. It is also one of the reasons that the extremists on either side are so powerful. We must try to overcome this recognizing that having an independent thinker in office is much better than having an ideologue. For example, I disagree with many of Sandra Day O’Connor’s Supreme Court opinions but I much rather that she stays on the Court instead of Ginsburg or Thomas. With O’Connor you won’t know how she will vote but with most of the other members of the Supreme Court you can figure it out way ahead of time.

In a few days I will write my first article. Yes, I am quite busy and I write very slowly. If you like what I write, just check in once a week or so. You wouldn’t have missed much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man