Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Couple of comments on the NFL. I don't understand why Denver needs to trade Tebow. Sure Manning is the starter but he is old and just came off an almost career ending injury. How can they be sure that he can even finish the next season? Sure, Tebow is not a good starting qb yet but he is young and can learn under Manning and get better. Denver got a 4th and a 6th round draft choice for Tebow. But they drafted Tebow in the FIRST round! So after starting for most of the season plus winning one playoff game, Tebow's value is much lower than 2 years ago? Plus God is not going to forgive them for this. This may be the curse of the Broncos!

The big suspension of the Saints head coach and former assistant is just one publicity stunt for the NFL. This is a league that glorifies violence. If not for that violence there would be a lot less fans who would watch the games. I think there must be some understanding among the players, coaches and league that this type of bounty hunting is tolerated to a certain degree. I mean there are a lot of switching teams among players in this league. Wouldn't something like that be common knowledge? I think once it was exposed, the league had to clear its image of caring for the safety of the players and so it had to come down hard on the Saints. My question is: Are there other teams with the same policies? And did the league knew about these type of things before this revelation? Also for the fans who criticize the Saints, are you not a little hypocritical?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:34 PM

    I was asking the same thing regarding Tebow. I wonder if the Broncos just thought that they could trade him since he has a higher value now and probably won't be any higher later.

    Tebow's arrival in NY hurts Drew Stanton who signed this weekend. Stanton has asked to be traded or released since he was promised the backup position when he was signed.

    If Denver does poorly, you can almost count that Tebow's God put a curse on them!

    The question I have is why did Manning go to Denver? I would think that as an older player that he would want to go to a warmer destination or a domed stadium.

    I personally thought that Arizona would be a great place for him. San Francisco would be a great place too but I don't know how his ego and Harbaugh's ego would work together.

    If he wasn't willing to go to the NFC, that really only leaves Tennessee. Denver to me, is a hard place to play and he's not going to like getting hit on that frozen ground and throwing in that wind.

    But at last, I am not Peyton Manning, so it's not up to me. I wish him the best of luck, though I'm sure he doesn't need it, unless he ends up playing against Tebow's God.

    As far as the Saints go, you are completely right. I actually thought the suspension for Payton was too high. I thought he'd be gone for the first half. But as the head coach, you are ultimately responsible for the actions of everyone on your staff and your players.

    It'll be interesting to see if players will still have bounties or if there will be a more quiet system in place. I bet most defensive players in the league are mad at whomever leaked this and when they find out, that guys gonna get beat.

    Caught part of the Knicks/76ers game last night. I don't know how the Knicks are winning. Lin did not look particularly good most of the game. He still hit his average and I think this is the area where we'll see him perform at. Pretty good actually at 15ppg and if he can keep a good assist to turnover ratio, that'll be quite solid.

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man