Sunday, November 16, 2014

I am amazed by the power of this blog.  Last week I commented that Lee Nguyen is an MVP candidate for the New England Revolution of MLS.  I also wondered why he has not been selected to the U.S. national team.  Immediately, Jurgen Klinnsmann called up Nguyen and played him toward the end of the game against Colombia.  Nguyen came close to scoring, only a great save by the Colombia goalie stopped him from putting the U.S. ahead.  I think Nguyen and his teammate Jermaine Jones will be a great midfield duo for the U.S.  Hopefully he will get a chance to prove that in the future.

In DWTS Tommy Chong has to go tomorrow.  Despite my sympathy for his advanced age, he is by far the worse dancer left and it would be a travesty if he makes the finals.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:52 AM

    Funny you should mention this. I was looking at a page that showed all the guys that were sent home that were on the roster. They had a picture of Nguyen on there and thought it was funny you had mentioned him in your last blog.

    Sounds like Klinnsmann is taking a look at the younger guys.

    I will be shocked if Tommy Chong doesn't get voted out. The last dancers left are far superior to anyone now. Who do you have winning it?

    I'm still going with Alfonso, but the two young girls are pretty good and like I always say, it's easier for the women to win.

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that Alfonso is the best over the course of the season and deserves to win. But the women have the more experience pros. You just can't count out Derek Hough. It would be interesting to see if his partner gets a lot of votes. She is a blogger so I would think she has a big following. If she wins by vote and not by scores then I am thinking I should enter DWTS since I am a blogger and can get sympathetic votes for being old and decrepit like Chong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:31 AM

    Don't underestimate the power of the Duck Dynasty followers! She might be the highest profile person left, though probably not the best dancer.

    I think Janel and Val are the best pairing. He's a powerful dancer and good choreographer. The question is, does she have the audience to vote her in.

    My concern is Alfonso is hurt and might not be able to finish the dances. I've been impressed with his partner's choreography though.

    Can't ever rule out Derek.

    By the way, Chong, being part Asian just proves that Asians are good dancers. If it weren't for your two left feel syndrom, you'd be half way decent!

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man