Monday, September 07, 2015

I don't understand how some GOP candidates are supporting the clerk in Kentucky who refused to issue marriage license to gay couples.  Regardless of her personal belief, she has to follow the law as a government official.  She cannot say she answers to a higher law, the law of God.  This would be same argument for Muslims who want to follow Sharia law.  I am sure the GOP or Democrats would not support that.  If it is against her religion to do the job, she should resign.  Unless she agrees to issue the licenses or resign, she belongs in jail.

The same reasoning goes for the Muslim flight attendant who refuses to serve alcohol because it is against her religion.  I don't drink myself and I believe that there is too much alcohol consumption in this country.  But since serving alcohol is part of the job of a flight attendant, I don't see why the airline has to accommodate her.  As with the clerk, nobody has a right to a job that he/she cannot fulfill completely.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:57 AM

    I haven't been paying too much attention on which candidate supported the clerk. I always try to take a step back and try to understand where people are coming from. In this case, if you can't perform the duties of your job, you should be fired. Plain and simple.

    People want it both ways. They want to support the constitution but don't want to support separation of church and state. They only support things when it is convenient to them and their own causes.

    I understand that this clerk had her problems in the past. If she is true to her word, she is trying to turn her life around, which is admirable. Though I think that this form of Christianity that she is preaching or following, is the type that divides and doesn't preach loving all.

    On a side note, the NFL starts up this weekend. I will pick a Pittsburgh/Seattle Super Bowl. I can almost guess that you will pick New England/Seattle, but will let you blog it!

    I noticed that the new cast for DWTS came out. I haven't taken a good look at it, since I don't watch the show. But since I know that you do, I will take a closer look at it and give my predictions in the coming weeks!

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not followed the NFL since the Super Bowl. I have no idea who is the strongest team. But in this age of parity I don't see New England and Seattle getting back to the Super Bowl. So I will take Green Bay and Denver. I like Aaron Rogers since his days at Cal. I think maybe Manning has one more big season before retiring.

    I looked at the list for DWTS and have quickly forgotten who the people are. The only ones I remember are the guy who beat up the terrorist on the train and Paula Deen. Neither seem like dancers so I have no idea at this point who to pick.

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man