Sunday, December 13, 2015

Once again is time for my AAAAA-Angry Asian Absolutely Accurate Assessment of Big Ten Bowl picks.  I have Indiana, Minnesota, Michigan, Northwestern, Ohio State  and Penn State winning.  I have Nebraska, Wisconsin, MSU and Iowa losing.  So I predict 6-4.

I think the playoff games are unpredictable.  The consensus among the so called experts is that Oklahoma and Alabama are the two best teams.  I think that is a stretch.  I think all four teams can win the title and all four could easily have not been here except for some luck.  But there is no controversy of the four being here.  I have Alabama slightly favored over MSU but I think the line of Alabama favored by 10 points is ridiculous.  If I am a betting man, I would take the points.  Oklahoma is favored by 3 and half over Clemson.  I also would take the points here.  In fact I pick Clemson straight up over Oklahoma.  I would like to see the semis before deciding on the final to see how each winning team played against another top team.  But if I have to pick right now, I pick Clemson because I think Alabama may beat MSU but they will be beat up pretty badly physically from this game.  I think Clemson will have a easier time against Oklahoma.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:28 AM

    I hadn't even looked at the Big Ten bowl games until now.

    Here are my predictions:

    Indiana - L
    Iowa - W
    Michigan - W
    MSU- W
    Minnesota - W
    Nebraska - L
    Northwestern -W
    OSU - W
    PSU - L
    Wisconsin - L

    So that makes it 6-4 too, but in a different way.

    We only agree on 3 games, it looks like.

    I am looking through green glasses on the MSU game, so really, it should be 5-5.

    I am interested to see how MSU's defense plays against Alabama.

    So my championship game comes out to Clemson vs. MSU.

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually we agree on Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, NW,OSU and Wisconsin or 6 out of 10. I took Indiana over Duke based on Indiana running the ball very well against Michigan. They also lost some tough games. I think they would run it down Duke's throat. Iowa is a very good team with a great defense. But I saw Stanford just demolished UCLA, Cal and USC (twice). That McCaffrey is just tremendous. His back up at rb is Barry Sanders jr. Jr. is not as good as sr but is still very good, would be starting almost everywhere else. McCaffrey should have won the Heisman given what I saw. They must have flaws to have lost twice but from what I saw, I don't know how somebody stop them. I think PSU's game is a toss up but I think they can pull it out.

    So you are going to jinx yourself? Like I said, MSU can very well win but I give Alabama a slight edge. They do have more NFL caliber players so Cook will have to play exceptionally well for MSU to win. So it looks like we are not that far apart in the predictions this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:26 PM

    I didn't take Indiana because it seems to me that the offense they run does not do well in cold weather. I am expecting it to be decently cold in NY. Also don't think Indiana plays good enough defense to stop Duke. And I think Duke plays better defense.

    I am still not sold on Stanford and the Pac 10. So, I'm going to take Iowa, which impressed me vs. MSU. I expect a similar low scoring game. I agree with you that McCaffrey should have won the Heisman. I wonder how he will do in the NFL. It's been shown that some of the smaller guys can excel but can easily get hurt too.

    I'm at a tossup for the PSU game as well, but I was not impressed with them at all this year. I'm thinking that they won't have much to play for.

    On paper, I think Alabama is the better team, but I also don't think Alabama's been tested much this year. I also think that MSU has found ways to win and I think they are hungry to beat Saban. I'm really interested to see the coaching matchup here. Will Alabama throw deep balls or will they stick to pounding it? I think MSU can rotate enough defensive guys to slow down the run. They will also have one of their top cornerbacks back for the game, which will help a lot.

    I don't know if MSU will be able to wear down Alabama like it did to other teams this year, so we might see MSU throw the ball a little more. If Cook is healthy, I like MSU. But if it has to grind it out, I don't expect them to be able to keep up with Alabama.

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man