Sunday, January 03, 2016

Well, the Big Ten was mediocre, winning half of their games.  That is still better than my 4-6 record in my predictions.  Even with that in mind, I will ring in the new year with my predictions for 2016.  Do not take these predictions to bet in Las Vegas!

I predict that Clinton will become the first woman president of the U.S.  I have this feeling that Ted Cruz may actually be the GOP nominee.  But regardless who it is, Trump have done enough damage for it to be unlikely that the GOP will beat Clinton.  I don't think Trump will run as a third party candidate but he will still be a thorn on the side of the nominee. 

The stock market will have several wild gyrations but will end up within 3% of today's level.  China will have even slower growth rate this year than last but the Chinese government will still be able to stimulate it out of deep trouble.  Otherwise the world economy will tank.  The slow economy in China is going to affect commodity prices and will affect countries like Australia and Brazil which depend on Chinese purchases.  The U.S. will not be affected as much and with oil prices continue to be low will actually see the dollar gaining in value.

There will be 3 major terrorist attacks in the world but the overall strength of ISIS will decrease.  They will hold less territory than this past year.  With oil prices dropping and being mired in Syria, Putin will be less aggressive but will still be a pain in the butt for the world.

I don't think there will be a terrorist attack at the Olympics.  But there will be a lot of problems like transportation, venues not up to par, protests and crime.  The U.S. will win the medal count over China.

Odds against it happening are quite high, but I predict that NE will beat Seattle again in the Super Bowl since I am not convinced any other team out there, including the Panthers, are likely to win.  I take Cleveland over GS in the NBA because I think that Curry may not be healthy for the finals and Lebron will have Kevin Love and Irving back this year.  Don't know anything about the NHL anymore so I will just take Montreal since they haven't won in a while.  I like Dave Roberts and I think Ryu will come back to help Kershaw carry the Dodgers to a World Series title over the Tigers.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:05 AM

    I am currently laughing at you because I went back to one of your early September blogs and saw that I wrote that you would pick NE and Seattle. But then you said that you couldn't see them making it to the Super Bowl, so you were going to pick Denver vs. Green Bay.

    I had picked Pittsburgh vs. Seattle. So we could still have our original picks play.

    I am going to stick with my original picks, but don't know how either team will make it without the number 1 seed. Personally, I am rooting for Washington and Houston, which will be lucky to make it out of the first round!

    I won't make any more predictions until things come up, though I still think it'll be Clinton vs. Trump in November.

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is funny that I said that and I had no recollection of it. At least I did not write that in my blog originally and was responding to your comment. It did seem far fetched that the same two teams would make it back to the Super Bowl and I still think it is far fetched right now but I just don't see any other teams out there who are better. Well, except Denver since Manning is back. I didn't know that he was ready to play and without an experienced qb, I didn't think Denver can get to the Super Bowl. If I had known that I might have picked Denver over NE which is not playing well right now. But I will stick with my picks. Certainly no reason to switch back to GB from Seattle given how GB is playing right now!

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man