Friday, August 29, 2008

On June 10, 2008 on this blog I wrote about entertainers who may end up being politicians. Well, I turned out the tv today and saw John McCain picked Tina Fey, one of my 10 choices, to be his running mate. Turned out she was not Tina Fey but Sarah Palin, governor of Alaska. I must admit I don't know anything about her. The only thing I know is that she is less experienced and younger than Obama so I don't know how McCain can claim that Obama is not ready to be president and then name a running mate who is even less ready. I saw a Republican on tv tried to turn the question around by saying Obama is inexperienced so Democrats can't challenge Palin's inexperience. That is perverse logic because it was McCain who claimed Obama is not ready first, so he is the one who has to answer to this experience business.

Anyway, I don't think the vp choice is going to make a big difference. Geraldine Ferraro didn't help Mondale at all with women voters. The inexperience bit won't make a difference either. Dan Quayle was as inexperience and incompetent as there was in a vp and he didn't cost George Bush the election. I just don't see how an extreme conservative is going to help McCain with the independent voters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man