Monday, December 20, 2010

There was an article in the LA Times today about Newt Gingrich's possible run for the presidency in 2012. You have got to be kidding. This is the guy who is on his third marriage, having got rid of his first wife while she was very ill in the hospital. And of course he claims to be for family value! He was known for leading the Republicans to victory in the Congressional election of 1994. But he had to leave after the Republicans suffered big setbacks in 1998. I think with all the problems Obama is having, he would welcome Gingrich to be the Republican nominee. Frankly I think Romney has the best chance to beat Obama in a general election. I think Obama would like the Tea Party people to run Palin in opposition, split the party and maybe end up with Palin or Gingrich as the nominee. Also since Michael Steele wants another term as the head of the Republican party, this will be also split the party. So unless the Republicans can get their act together or the economy gets worse, I like Obama's chances despite his weakness in this year's election.

What is with all the crying from John Boehner? I am not against man crying. I cry if I get emotional. But why does he cry so often? He cried when he talked about his poor upbringing. A lot of people grew up poor and did great things and they don't get all emotional about it. Can you imagine if Obama cries on stage talking about growing up without a father and being a minority wherever he lived? The Republicans would call him weak and unfit to be president. Remember Saturday Night Live made fun of Pat Shroeder when she cried? I am waiting for the skit of John Boehner soon.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:25 AM

    I don't know what to think about Newt Gingrich. I hated him back when he was speaker and when he was ousted by the GOP, I actually felt bad for him. When he left, his viewpoints seemed to be more centrist but then all of the sudden he is back to toeing the party line.

    I can't imagine that he would win the nomination or even the presidency no matter what the perception of Obama is.

    The Democrats would be locking their chops if he were somehow nominated.

    At this point, I am guessing that there will be a candidate who we really don't know about, will run and win the nomination.

    I mean, how many times does Romney have to run and lose to get the hint. If he's willing to spend all this money and time, he might as well just donate it and make himself useful.

    I have no respect for someone who wants to buy the presidency and spend all his time away from his job in Massachusetts where he is needed.

    Good point on Palin splitting up the party along with Steele, who I also don't have any respect for.

    The only reason Steele has that job is the color of his skin.

    I saw recently the poll numbers that Palin is way behind if she runs against Obama. Weird how her approval numbers are actually worse than his, which would seem impossible.

    Her PR machine is one of the worst I've seen and hey, as long as she's happy with her image, more power to her. I suppose that's what attracts her to the small percentage of people who are willing to vote for her.

    The economy looks to be finally making a turn for the better, so it'll be interesting to see what happens in a couple of years. There's a lot of time left and anything can happen.

    I did not see Boehner cry, so I can't comment on that. I've never seen you cry but I suspect that you have for at least once a year for the last three years when your school lost to my school!

    Merry Christmas Angry Yellow Man!

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the Republicans can come up with a moderate, they can very well defeat Obama. But will they nominate a moderate? After McCain, whom the Republicans consider more liberal than moderate, I don't think they will nominate another moderate. McCain himself has to go way right just to hang on his senate seat. You may be right that someone totally unknown will show up. The LA Times had come up with more than a dozen possible Republican choices and I still don't see anyone as presidential material. Tim Pawlenty and Romney are their best bets but I think it would be a surprise if either one gets the nomination.

    My republican choices are Anthony Zinni and Jeff Flake. Neither one has any chance of even entering, not to mention winning. Chris Christie, the governor of New Jersey, is not bad. But he has been governor for only 1 year and he weighs about 300 pounds. Looks still count in politics, plus people will be afraid that he will get a heart attack in office.

    John Boehner was crying on 60 Minutes 2 weeks ago. Something about him worrying about the next generation not getting the same chance as he did to climb out of the poor house. If he cries over that, can you imagine what he will do if the rich had lost their tax cuts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:28 PM

    You may never see this comment but I just saw footage of Pelosi passing the gavel to Boehner and there he was crying again. And then he was choking up while giving his speech.

    The guy is emotionally unstable. They showed him again crying on the floor of the house!

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man