Wednesday, November 28, 2012

It is time for Obama to name John Kerry the next secretary of state.  The Susan Rice situation is too distracting.  With the fiscal cliff negotiation going on, Obama should not waste energy on this.  Maybe he feels that Rice got a raw deal and that he should stand by his long time friend.  But I think most people would agree that Kerry is a more qualified choice to begin with.  Kerry would also sail through the confirmation hearings whereas Rice will be dragged through the mud and keep the disaster in Libya on the front page.  I also understand that the Republicans are hypocritical by saying that she gave false info to the nation.  Remember another Rice gave false info about WMD in Iraq.  She became secretary of state.  But this is a fight not worth fighting for Obama.

On  lighter note, I am surprised that neither Apolo Anton Ohno or Emmitt Smith made it to the DWTS final.  But I think Melissa Rycroft was the right champion even though I thought another athlete, Shawn Johnson would win due to her popularity.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:22 AM

    It's too bad that Susan Rice will most likely not be the next Secretary of State. Seems like she would have been a good one too.

    I am not a fan of John Kerry, but I don't know who else would make a good candidate.

    As far as DWTS, a show that I do not watch, I think that Melissa Rycroft deserved to win it. She was the most consistent. I didn't think she would get the votes and I didn't think she and Tony could measure up. Apparently, I was wrong. Maybe the one dance where they broke hold did them in.

    I also didn't know that Rycroft was a former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader. If I remember correctly, wasn't she originally a replacement on DWTS when someone left?

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think that Kerry will be good. He has foreign policy experience and I think he will be a better diplomat than a politician running for president. I agee that is too bad about Rice especially since John McCain had defended Condi Rice when she gave false info and now he is attacking Susan Rice for something that is less important than Iraq. If Condi Rice can be secretary of state, why can't Susan Rice? I just think that the economy is much more important than who is the next secretary of state at this point.

    I had no idea what Rycroft did to be considered a star. My daughter pointed out to me that she was on the show Bachelor. I don't know how that makes her a star.

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man