Sunday, December 09, 2012

It is time for my yearly Big Ten bowl predictions.  There are 7 teams from the Big Ten in bowl games this year.  It would have been 9 if Penn State and Ohio State were eligible.  Since those two beat Wisconsin, the Big Ten champs, this means everyone plays a higher bowl than they would have otherwise.  So it is not likely the Big Ten will do very well.  This explains why Big Ten teams are all underdogs in their games.  I am going to predict that Michigan State, Michigan and Northwestern are going to win, for a total of 3 victories for the conference.  These three are from 2-4 points underdogs but I think they can come through.  The others have no chance at all will possibly exception of Wisconsin which showed some life against Nebraska.  Still I don't think they can beat Stanford.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:35 PM

    I hadn't looked at the Bowl picture for the Big Ten until today. Here are my predictions (just the winners).

    Wisconsin
    Northwestern
    Michigan State
    Michigan

    So basically we disagree on the Rose Bowl.

    I think Wisconsin will win because Barry Alvarez will be coaching and they will be jacked up. I like Stanford a lot, but I think Wisconsin's familiarity with the bowl and the Alvarez factor will get them over the hump.

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree that Wisconsin can win if they played like they did against Nebraska but they have been inconsistent all year. Montee Ball has not been anywhere as good as he was last year for some reason. I just think given that all 7 teams are underdogs, it will be extremely unlikely they can will 4 out of 7.

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man