Monday, March 18, 2013

Well, OSU got that prize 2 seed in the region with Gonzaga.  As a result I predict that OSU will make it to the final 4.  M and MSU both got "home" games in Auburn Hill for the first 2 rounds so they should advance to the sweet 16.  If they don't it is their own fault.  I think M has a better draw than MSU.  I think Kansas and Georgetown are easier to beat than Louisville and Duke.  So I have M advancing to the final 4 along with Louisville.  I know that is homer talk and may jinx myself but hey this is one year that 3 or 4 seeds are almost as good as 1 and 2.  I will take Miami over Indiana in the last regional.  I think Miami could well have been a 1 and I think they are better than Kansas.  Plus I can't pick 3 Big Ten teams!

I think Oregon really got screwed.  A 12 seed  after winning the Pac 12 tournament?  I know that the Pac 12 is ranked low and deservedly so in some respects.  But Oregon went into a slump when their point guard went down.  If Trey Burke went down, M would lose a lot more games.  The guy came back and helped Oregon win the finals but the selection committee guy said that they had to look at the whole season, not just the last game.  But then they lowered UCLA to a 6 because they lost one of their starters before the final   They can't argue both ways!

Just finished watching DWTS.  My top 3 picks are Zendya (or whatever her name is), Jacoby Jones and Dorothy Hamil.  Zendya was by far the best but the concern is that nobody my age knows who she is and people at her age is not going to watch the show.  Jacoby Jones has great potential even though his technique was not too good today.  Did you see how out of breath he was? I know he had surgery and so been idled but he had more trouble than anybody I ever seen on the show and he is a young athlete.  Dorothy Hamil is pretty good and will get lot of sympathy votes due to her age and her cancer history.  The country singer Pickler was also impressive.  The gymnast was not as good as I thought she would be but maybe she can improve.  It seems to me Ashley Judd really let herself go!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:55 AM

    I was going to congratulate you on predicting an OSU victory but decided to wait until your next blog.

    I did a bracket yesterday but can't remember who I have in the Final Four.

    I think it was Louisville, Kansas St., Kansas and Miami. I think I have Louisville vs. Kansas in the final with Kansas winning it all.

    I really like Miami but I think their youth will hurt them against Kansas, which matches up with them. I also think Kansas will match up well against Louisville.

    Oregon did get screwed. Not sure what happened there, except that they now get a chance to play in San Jose. So I think it helps a bit. I have Oregon making it to the Sweet 16, which it may not have, if it were a higher seed in another region.

    I happen to catch DWTS last night, while flipping for an action movie or sports...some kind of manly thing on TV.

    I was stunned how beautiful Brooke Burke looked and decided to watch some more.

    I agree that Zendya looked very good. I don't know if she will get the votes necessary to make it to the final. I still think the gymnast has the potential to win it. But based on last night, I will pick Kelly Pickler. I was very impressed with her, uh, body. I also think that they got screwed on the scoring. You can't tell me Wynona Judd's routine was worth 1 point less.

    I don't know what to think of Jacoby Jones. I think he's a head case and I don't really think he has the mental capacity to go all the way. Physically, he's gifted for sure and I liked his routine. Just don't care for all the joking.

    I also think that he was sort of joking about being out of breath.

    So who goes home first? I am picking Victor. Not many boxing fans watch and he looked pretty stiff out there.

    Again, it is harder for a man to advance in the competition. Just evidenced by the modern dance routines. The girl just has to jump and let the guy carry her around. Whereas the guy has to do all the work.

    I still think that the Ingo guy will make it to the top 3.

    Ashley Judd still looks good to me. Not as hot as she was before, but I guess that's what happens when you are a Kentucky fan!

    I hope you like my insight on DWTS, though I don't know how good I am, since I DO NOT WATCH THE SHOW ON A REGULAR BASIS!!!

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so that was Wynona, not Ashley, dancing. I think Naomi looked younger than Wynona. I told you Ortiz needed Salsa lessons from me. That Hughley guy deserves to go out first even though I like his jokes. I don't like Andy Dick. I think he is in the bottom third in dancing skills and I think he is trying to get sympathy votes for things he did to himself.

    I think that the NCAA should just seed 16 teams and then draw the matchups out of a hat, just like they do in tennis. So what if #17 meets #1 in the first round? I think there will be more upsets and less blowouts in the early rounds. It also takes most of the seedings and matchups out of the hand of the committee. It will be even MORE March madness.

    News item: Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn are a couple. If they have children together, the children maybe great athletes but I would worry about their knees lasting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:27 AM

    Ashley was the one covering her face when Naomi was making all those "call" gestures. I totally forgot about Hughley. I think he embarrassed the black race with the horrible dancing. I was totally surprised!

    I actually thought that Andy Dick's dance was OK. He's always been a drama queen and am I the only one who thinks he will relapse if he does poorly?

    I am not at ease regarding the Tiger Woods/Lindsay Vonn relationship. I didn't like the way that they announced it and the pictures were so cheesy. I wish them well, don't get me wrong. It just smells like a publicity stunt.

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man