Sunday, March 31, 2013

Well two final 4 picks correct isn't bad!  OSU should have made it given their easy bracket.  They have nobody to blame but themselves.  Syracuse blew up the other bracket.  I am just glad that M got lucky and made it.  I think you have to get at least one lucky game if you are going to win the tournament.  Now we have to see if Burke is truly the best point guard in the nation as he tries to solve the Syracuse zone.  It would be difficult for McGary to play like he has in these four games but then Hardaway has not been playing like he can.  He will have to because he is the only one other than Burke who can break down defenses and get his own shot.  Given that lucky game against Kansas, I think they can go all the way!

Saw parts of the women's game between Baylor and Louisville.  Even the women's game now has some parity where anyone can win.  Well, I don't think both Baylor and Connecticut will lose so Connecticut is going to win now.  But one thing I notice is that the officiating is much worse in women's basketball.  The game is slower with smaller people so you would think it would be easier to officiate.  So obviously the women don't get the best officials even in the playoffs.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:34 AM

    Congrats on UM's berth into the Final Four. It's a huge accomplishment for the program. I've said all year that they have a puncher's chance every game due to the 3 point shooting.

    I am interested to see how they do against a Syracuse team that I thought was not very good.

    If they get to the final (assuming Louisville wins), they match up well vs. Louisville.

    As far as the women's game, I've noticed a huge flaw in the officiating. I'm not sure if it's the officials or the players. Not to take anything away from the players, but to me, they can be clumsy at times. I don't know if that is an influence in how the game is called but there seems to be a lot of calls, which slows the flow of the game.

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever the pundits talk about these teams, they sound like they are unbeatable. But there must be reasons they all have lost several games. So it is just a matter who plays better on that day.

    Did anyone see the improvement of Victor Ortiz in dots? My lessons must have helped!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:05 AM

    I didn't realize you knew how to dance Freestyle. There was only one way Ortiz was going to stay on the show: Dorothy Hamell would have to hurt her back and he was going to get the easy points with the Freestyle dance.

    So it's down to Wynona and DL probably. Not to sound stereotypical, but I've never seen a black man dance so bad. And I really think he's trying.

    Wynona doesn't look like she really cares or gets it. She's too out of shape. I think the fans will keep her in it. I just hope to see her lose some weight and get into shape.

    I thought Jacoby's dance deserved a better score. Was really impressed with it.

    I am still sticking with Kelly Pickler as my winner, even though the Disney girl is better right now.

    I'd say Jacoby is up there in talent but I just don't know if he has the discipline to make it.

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man