Sunday, March 27, 2016

There has been a lot of complaints about the lack of diversity in movies and television.  Certainly those complaints are justified.  But there is one complaint I would not make.  That is the lack of diversity in the shows The Bachelor and The Bachelorette.  I think those shows are trash.  I don't watch them and I don't want to hear about lack of Asians on them.  I mean, if you are Asian, do you want to see Asians on Jerry Springer?  I am sure that there are no Jewish, Muslims, Catholics groups who want better representation on these shows.  So why do we complain that there are not enough blacks, Asians or Hispanics on them?

On a show that is quite diverse, DWTS , it looks to be difficult to pick the winner this year.  I can only say that Geraldo Rivera is obviously the worst.  Although Von Miller was not best in the first week, I will stick with him as my pick to win.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:46 AM

    I think there is some merit to some situations where more diversity would be nice. I think we forget sometimes that there is a majority, whether it be race or religion. I haven't heard of complaints from people wanting more diversity in shows like the bachelor. It seems to me that the women they choose for the bachelor would be a from a list of characteristics that the guy would like, unless they just choose a variety of women for him to pick out.

    On DWTS (a show I don't watch), I will still go with Antonio Brown, but my dark horse will be Ginger Zee. I'd like to pick her but I have a feeling Brown and Miller will get a ton of votes. Though maybe they'll split the votes! I agree that Geraldo should go. I can't believe a Latino would be so bad!

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a few articles complaining about no black man being the bachelor and no black woman has made it past week 5. There was a rumor that a half Filipino woman was going to be the next bachelorette. But then a white woman was picked again. Obviously I am biased since I don't like these shows but I don't see the point of demanding equal representation in trashy shows.

    Geraldo is out! I think it is been awhile since the worst dancer actually got kicked out first. Usually the people vote to keep the worst person for a few weeks. I think Mischa Barton should go next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:36 AM

    I can understand the want for a minority bachelor but as I understand it, they usually pick someone who did not win the previous season. So if most of the contestants are white, the likelihood of the next bachelor will be white. It's a viscous cycle.

    I was shocked that Geraldo was voted out. I thought for sure he'd get the right wing vote and stay in a couple of weeks. Mischa Barton, who has had drug and mental problems in the past doesn't look like she's fully recovered. I don't know if going on this show will help her psyche. I hope she doesn't relapse. I don't like the way she's handling it and didn't like her walking off set and then not shaking Geraldo's hand at the end of the show. I feel bad for her partner who has to deal with her. I also feel bad for Edita who we won't get to see every week! I didn't realize Cheryl Burke wasn't on this season too!

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man