Sunday, March 13, 2016

Well, Trump might not be stoppable after Tuesday!  If he beats Rubio in Florida and Kasich in Ohio then only Cruz will be left.  As much as I hate Trump, Cruz is worse in my book.  And to the GOP establishment, Cruz is not much better than Trump and so they might just give up in trying to stop Trump.  It looks like Rubio is going to lose Florida and so Kasich is the last firewall.  I voted for Obama in the last two elections but I think I could have lived with McCain or Romney winning.  In this election only Kasich is acceptable to me in the GOP side, so I am hoping he can stop Trump.  Kasich has been the adult in this election, as he likes to say.  I would agree with him.  I think if somehow he can pull off the big upset and get the nomination, he can win the general election.  Ohio is a big swing state and he can win there against the Democrats.  I think if Trump wins, he should ask Kasich be the vp.  I hope then Kasich declines.  I don't want anyone helping Trump win.

MSU should have been a one seed over Virginia.  But in any case they are in the same region so it doesn't matter as far as reaching the Final Four is concern.  Michigan gets a play in game which I think was fair.  They would been out without beating Indiana and by losing to Purdue they did not deserve to go in straight.  If they play Notre Dame, maybe they should play on the football field instead!  With the risk of jinxing LBOAYM, I think MSU is the best team in the field and is my pick to win it all.  My dark horse is Cal.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:20 AM

    I think I'm done commenting on the election for a while. It's really gotten to the point where I feel like the whole process has turned into a circus. I don't take joy in it and it's unfortunate that I have friends who are supporting a certain candidate that shall remain nameless.

    It seems that the more push back that occurs, the worse it gets, so I'm going to let the chips fall where they fall and really concentrate on November.

    As far as the NCAA goes, I was a little upset last night after the top 4 seeds were announced. After looking at the brackets, I don't feel so bad. I might even try to make it out to Chicago next week if MSU makes it. I think there are a handful of teams that might win it. It'll come down to depth and match ups. So as confident as I am right now, who knows what lies ahead.

    My Final Four is MSU, N. Carolina (a team I think should have been banned by the NCAA by the way), Kansas and Oklahoma.

    As far as Cal goes, I think Maryland will give them a game. I think depending on the time, being out on the west coast will help Cal. Of course, Maryland has to get past SDSU.

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am interested to learn about your friends who are for Trump. Are they loyal Republicans, independents or even Democrats. Are they blue collar workers who have lost jobs or are they angry in general? Do they give reasonable explanation for their support? Do they like authority as mentioned in the article?

    I will take Oregon, Kansas, MSU and Kentucky for the Final four. The tournament is too unpredictable so I am not even going to bother doing a bracket. It would be blown up after two days anyway. What is happening to the NCAA investigation of North Carolina anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:21 AM

    Well, I usually try not to talk politics with friends because people can be crazy passionate about it. I find it best to leave these opinions alone. But two of them happen to be real estate agents (one is part time). So I guess there is some entrepreneur and sales involved in their personalities. I know one is pretty conservative and is into guns. Another friend is an avid hunter and is pretty conservative. He's been talking about how we can't trust that global warming is man made. He also watches Fox News.

    I probably never would have guessed that either of these people would support Trump. I haven't gotten into why they support Trump.

    I have a hard time believing that the Pac 12 is as good as we've been told. So, I'll have to watch some of the games involving those teams to make a determination. I guess that's why I picked Oklahoma in the west. It'll be interesting to see if a young Kentucky team can beat UNC, if it gets to that.

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like your friends are conservative Republicans so Trump is not bringing new voters into the party unlike the Reagan Democrats in the past. So despite his win in Michigan, I would think Clinton can beat him in Michigan in the general election. Kasich stays alive tonight. I am thinking that California might be a big battleground for the GOP nomination, unlike in past elections when the issue had been decided before California has its primary.

    The Pac 12 is usually under rated because people don't stay up to watch their games. This season most teams in the league underachieved, I believe. Arizona and UCLA in particular. How does a team beat Kentucky but finish 10th in the league and gets blown out by USC 3 times? I think Oregon has overachieved and they can beat Oklahoma although I would not be surprised if they lose. Cal also underachieve somewhat because they have 3 players who are going to be drafted and 2 of them are lottery players. So they should have been better than 3rd. They can easily lose in the first round but if they put it together, they are as talented as anyone. The same with Kentucky which looked really bad earlier but they have the talent and are coming on strong.

    By the way, you are smart to not discuss politics with your friends, especially since they have guns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man