Sunday, October 23, 2016

Clinton has a solid lead in the polls with just over 2 weeks left.  But you never know what will happen on election day.  So I am wondering what would happen if Trump wins.  Obviously he would have to name people to his cabinet.  So I am trying to think whom he would appoint.  Here are a few possibilities.

For the important job of secretary of state I think Trump would nominate Sarah Palin.  After all she can see Russia from her home and Putin will be Trump's biggest ally.   So it would be easy to send Palin over from her house whenever it is needed.

For secretary of treasury, Trump will nominate his accountant.  Trump has avoided paying income tax for so many years thanks to his accountant's understanding of the tax code loopholes.  So if he wants to increase revenue to the treasury he needs his accountant to close all these loopholes.  Sort of like hiring a hacker to protect your secrets in the computer.

For homeland security Trump would appoint Rudy Giuliani.  He would stop and fritz all Muslims, blacks and Hispanics in the country. 

For secretary of transportation Trump will appoint Chris Christie.  Look for bridge closings in all the states that did not vote for Trump.

For secretary of defense Trump will nominate Dick Cheney.  If he can shoot his friend in the face imagine what he would do to the enemy!

Trump will nominate judge Aaron Persky to the Supreme Court.  Judge Persky is the one who gave a  Stanford athlete only 6 months for sexual assault.  Trump figures he should hedge the bet.  Bill Crosby, for one, will agree with the choice.

Trump will also want to appoint some ambassador posts.  Paul Ryan, John McCain and Jeb Bush will certainly be called upon to fill the posts in Iraq, Afghanistan and Iran.

Forget about his hand on the nuclear button.  These appointments are scary enough.  Well, at least Ryan, McCain and Bush will not accept.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:57 PM

    Well, it seems to me that the polls during the primaries were not accurate, especially for Trump, so I'm expecting the gap to decrease. I don't know what it is about the Trump supporters and polls. Maybe they don't answer the phone or go online to take the polls. So you can't say that Clinton has a solid lead. I am surprised that the media is reporting that she is increasing her lead though. And that includes here in Michigan.

    I saw a graphic where some typical red states were thought to go blue this election and that there is a dead heat in Pennsylvania or Ohio. It'll be interesting to see how much pull Kasich has in his own state where he wouldn't endorse Trump. Snyder in Michigan has not come out in support of Trump either. I believe the Lt. Governor has though.

    I thought I had read somewhere that Judge Judy was on Trump's list of Supreme Court Justices! I also read somewhere that Trump came out as pro choice in the 90's. I'm surprised that Clinton hasn't come out about this, because apparently there's tape of it somewhere.

    While on the subject of pro-life and pro-choice. I found out a couple of friends who are female have decided to vote for Trump (or against Clinton) because of this issue. I guess I was a little surprised by this, but then thought about it a little more. The abortion debate has really been the main reasons for women (and men, I guess) to vote for a candidate in the past, so it shouldn't really surprise me that a pro-life person would vote for the pro-life candidate.

    I'm not going to tell them how to vote or think. It's every person's choice. To me, I don't like abortion, but I think it is necessary, especially if a woman is raped or if her health is in jeopardy. I don't know if I'm in favor of it as a form of contraception.

    Then again, I am a male who thinks we need to stay out of the choices of women. I also don't like government telling us what to do with our bodies.

    What I don't like about the people who are pro life is that they offer no alternatives to women keeping children. These children will most likely become orphans or abused. I don't know if this is a good way to bring a child into the world. I don't see these pro life people offering to adopt children or donating money to orphanages. It's easy to sit there and protest clinics but it doesn't stop an abortion. If a woman wants to get an abortion, she will find a way.

    And if you're pro life, what if the woman's health is in jeopardy. You are not obviously pro life there.

    Listen, I've gone long enough about this topic. I just find it hypocritical of some people to be pro life but really don't do anything about it.

    Rant over.

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Clinton is doing better with the polls average than Obama did at the same time in 2012 even though the polls have varied between her winning by 12 points to Trump winning by 2. But she is ahead slightly in all the swing states except for Iowa and Ohio. So for Trump to win he would have to flip several states in two weeks. Not insurmountable, but for me she has a solid lead. What I don't like is that her campaign and surrogates are focusing on down ballot races, especially the close senate races. I think that is being over confident. She has to take care of her own business first before helping others.

    So I still think that Trump can win and thus this cheeky blog about his possible cabinet. Thanks for the suggestion of Judge Judy being a supreme court nominee of Trump!

    I agree with your rant about abortion. Those against abortion are also the ones who are against birth control and against welfare. So basically they want to tell women what they can't use and also tell them what they have to do. Then they will be the ones complaining about the tax they have to pay for welfare. I don't like the idea of abortion either but I can't tell a woman what she can do with her body. The reality is that the embryo that the pro life movement say is a person is not a person without the body and spirit of the woman carrying it. So to decrease abortion you will need better sex education, better availability of safe birth control, prevention of rape and incest and increase adoption. Without doing all of these there will always be abortions, legal or illegal.

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man