Sunday, August 26, 2018

The Maverick has died.  With the death of John McCain, the nation has lost a true patriot and one of the last few in Congress who is willing to reach across the aisle for the good of the country.  I supported Obama but I always said that if McCain had won in 2008, I would not be devastated as I was in 2016.  McCain was an honorable man who stood on whatever side he thought was best for the country.  While I do not agree with many of his beliefs and ideas, I can see that he was always reasonable. 

As his final act of defiance, McCain has made it known that Trump is not welcome at his funeral.  At the same time he would like his old foes, Bush and Obama, to give eulogies.  Thank you Senator McCain for your service to the country.  May you rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man