Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Obama is having a prime time half hour advertisment over the major networks tommorrow night. I don't think this is a good idea. He is ahead in the polls and spending all these money and causing schedule changes on the networks may not sit well with some voters. Most people have already decided whom they are going to vote for. You are trying to reach the few percent who are undecided. These independents, I think, will not like this show of overwhelming money advantage Obama has over McCain. This is like a team with a touchdown lead and under two minutes to go. Just grind it out with the ground game and run out the clock. A long pass may result in a bigger win but risk a momentum turning interception.

Obama would be better off using his war chest on continuing to air commercials specially for the toss-up states. I think this will win more independent votes in the swing states than a national ad of half hour. I think Obama is still going to win but this may cost him couple of percents instead of putting the game out of reach.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:49 AM

    I totally agree with you on this. When I heard this, I thought it was a waste of money. Though I wonder what happens to the campaign money after the election if they don't use it up. Is there a rule that they have to use it all up?

    No big surprise the other day that Joe the Plumber decided to side with McCain. As I've said before, I think the guy was a plant by the Republicans and I do believe he knew who he was voting for all along.

    In my eyes, the guy is not credible anyway. What a joke.

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete
  2. The commercial was on at 5 p.m. here so I missed it. Not much comments on CNN of how it went. I agree it is a waste of money and will see what effect if any on the polls. I don't think it made a difference of more than 1 or 2 points. Obama is ahead in most crucial states by more than that margin so even if the pass was incomplete, it was not intercepted. He can just run out the clock now!

    Joe the Plumber is a joke. But by him campaigning with Palin or McCain will hurt them with the Independents. Just like Palin he can energize the base but his lack of knowledge, just like Palin, is a minus among Independents.

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man