Tuesday, April 03, 2012

A few comments about recent competitions in the news. Kentucky wins men's basketball tournament. With no underdog in the final four, I didn't really care who wins. But given the number of one and out players on Kentucky this year and recently, I would say KU is my least favorite. Well, I guess the team with the best players did win this year.

Baylor wins the woman's tournament tonight. Am I the only one who thinks that Griner looks and sounds more manly than the other Baylor stars, including RG IIII? Compare to other women, Griner is a cross between Yao Ming and Dwight Howard, the tallest and most athletic center.

Mitt Romney's win in Wisconsin tonight pretty much sewed up the nomination. Rick Santorum insists that he is staying in. But if polls show that Romney passes him up in Pennsylvania, I think Santorum will quit before that primary to prevent the embarrassment of losing in his home state.

Tiger is back. I predict a Masters win for him this weekend!

My favorite sports to play when I was young were basketball and tennis. This explains my lack of dancing ability. Monica Seles, Meta World Peace and now Martina Navrotilova were all the first star to exist from the DWTS. If I had actually gone into speed skating, gymnastics or figure skating, my dance ability would be a lot better. Jack Wagner going out the second week and Missouri losing in the first round, maybe I have jinxed Tiger!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:12 AM

    It was obvious that Kentucky had the most talent. I just was not convinced that Calipari could win it all with this group, but he got the job done, so you have to give him credit.

    I'm not a fan of Calipari and his one and done philosophy. I personally think that it goes against the principles of the NCAA that they allow a school like Kentucky to be able to stack their roster with one and done players.

    I thought there were rules in place to penalize schools who did not graduate their student athletes, but it obviously doesn't stop coaches like Calipari from recruiting these type of players. And don't get me wrong. He's playing within the rules I guess but it doesn't still seem right to me.

    At least I had a team in the championship game, which I guess that makes me a better prognosticator for college basketball than you. I also can claim a victory in getting further than you in Dancing with the Stars, a show that I must reiterate, that I DO NOT WATCH!

    OK, I only watch it when Maria Menounos is on and any other hot dancer is on, but I do not watch it any other time!

    As far as your Tiger prediction goes: 1. I will now pick any player other than Tiger to win it and 2. Please do not pick the Detroit Tigers to win the world series or pennant or division, etc!

    As an Asian man, I'm surprised that you didn't go into figure skating or gymnastics since it's proven that Asians are very good at those sports! Maybe if you had, you would have developed a right and left foot, instead of two left feet, or what do you call it "Hong Kong feet"?

    On a side note, oil went down about $5/barrel to $102/barrel this week and then settled to $104/barrel.

    I have yet to notice a huge dip in gas prices like when oil went up $1/barrel.

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a guy who does not watch DWTS, I don't know how you would know when Maria what's her name comes on! There was a five way tie for last place this week with 24. So now an eight is the new six in scoring. The people are getting so good, there is not much for the judges to decide anymore.

    To do gymnastic would be too stereotype for an Asian. By playing tennis and basketball I have been a model for Michael Chang and Jeremy Lin to follow. Lin has also followed my advice by getting injured so that he would not be blamed when the Knicks fail to make the playoff, a likely scenario once Amare and Jeffries were injured. (not enough big men). Now if they get a lottery pick, get another big man, Lin can come back to lead the team next year and gets credit for the big improvement. See how I am such a good adviser for Asian athletes?

    I think I mentioned about oil going down couple of weeks ago. Now the gas price did go down here in Ca. by about 5 cents this week. I guess the oil giants are afraid of my watchdog blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:27 AM

    Keep up the good work regarding oil prices, I guess.

    Crude is at $101/barrel this morning, so I expect at least a $.30/gallon drop!

    I admit that I have a huge crush on Maria Menounos. I have had one for a long time. If she personally asks me to vote for her, I will call in and vote as many times allowed by law. But she has yet to ask me.

    Oh, let me personally thank you for not going into gymnastics and doing the stereotypical sports. You are an inspiration to all Asian males. However, I do remember someone playing badminton, which I think is a very stereotypical sport!

    I did think of you when Lin went down. I really didn't think he got as hurt as he did, until I saw pictures from the hospital and reading his tweets. Hopefully he can come back next year and shine.

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man