Tuesday, April 17, 2012

No major story to get excited about for me lately. So I will just rant about a few things.

Romney accuses Obama of anti-women because the great majority of jobs lost during the past 3 years were held by women. Of course Romney discounts the fact that the first jobs lost during the recession were in manufacturing and construction which were jobs mostly held by men. Since then, due to the deficit, lot of government jobs in teaching, clerical and nursing were lost. Those jobs were overwhelmingly held by women. Now I thought Romney and the Republicans want to cut government jobs. So they were rooting for more women to lose their jobs? Also a lot of blacks lost government jobs and the unemployment rate is much worse for them. Is Romney going to say that Obama is anti-black now?

Secret service agents caught taking prostitutes to their room while on the road with the president! The oldest trick in the world for spies to get info from the other side is using the seduction by women. So these knuckleheads put the president and national security in great danger. My question, besides what the hell are they thinking, is that is this an isolated incident or just happen to be the one time they are caught? I think the latter!

The GSA is caught have a "conference" in Vegas for $800,000 of taxpayers' money. My question is that is this an isolated incident or just happen to be the one time they are caught? I think the latter!

Obama proposes the Buffet rule which was dead on arrival. The same with whatever tax cuts the Republicans propose. Let's be serious, both sides. We need to get rid of the stupid tax code we have. Just have a flat tax, no deductions, no loopholes. Having benefited from deduction for my children all these years, I never understood why you get a deduction for having children. Nor do I understand why we get a deduction for our mortgages. I don't understand why $800,000 "conferences" are deductible for private businesses either. Get rid of all these. You can make a tax code on couple of sheets of paper! Do what Hong Kong did (I don't know if this is still true under China rule), a flat tax and tax the hell out of luxury items like Rolls Royces.

Hockey, to me, is the most uncivilized of the major sports. Football is violent but you are hitting during the course of action. If you fight or hit someone after the whistle, you get penalized. In hockey after the whistle the players will still hit each other. Unless they drop the gloves and fight, no penalty is called. And even when there is fighting for several minutes, nobody gets ejected. In any other sports, including football fights like that would lead to automatic ejection and suspension. Are the hockey players more temperamental? It just seems to me they are out of control as human beings and the league encourages this behavior.

I welcome any comment to these few rants and any other rants that you may have!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:55 AM

    Interesting blog this time around. There isn't a whole lot going on right now but you always seem to find something to rant about. Just for the heck of it, I decided to make comments to each rant.

    Romney, I feel, will not only say that Obama is anti-black, but will say just about anything to get elected. It will be interesting to see how far he gets away from the right after the convention.

    If it is the latter (regarding secret service), how come we have never heard about this before? Why are prostitutes even allowed near these guys in the first place? Was it a setup? Whatever the reason and if they are indeed guilty of this, then they should lose their jobs.

    As far as the GSA goes, these people who sign off on these expenses should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. There are no excuses now, especially because they were warned about this and everyone knows these guys are looked at a lot closer now.

    I have no idea how to fix the tax code. What do you think of no taxes at all? I don't think you'll ever get congress to agree to a tax code like Hong Kong's (in your example). My feeling is that the rich will always find loopholes and that the poor will always be bailed out.

    I really like hockey. I liked it a lot more in the old days when it was a rougher sport, but maybe because it's not me playing. The fights are fun to watch, but I understand that even though they say it's "part of the game", it's really not part of the game.

    I guess it's like the best parts of car races are the crashes. Dangerous but incredible to watch.

    My top team sports I like to watch are:

    Football
    Basketball
    Hockey
    Soccer
    Baseball

    What are yours?

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see the rant by Ted Nugent? He said that if Obama is reelected then he (Nugent) will be either dead or in jail at that time. The Secret Service is looking into this. This really comes at a right time for the Secret Service to get into the limelight again! I know Nugent is crazy but what exactly has Obama done to him? He still has his guns, he still makes a lot of money and his taxes have not gone up since Obama took over. He certainly has not been sent over to Iraq to kill and be killed for no reason! It is like the liberal group that called General Petreus Betrayus. I don't understand the stupidity of extreme nuts.

    Well, I only like to watch hockey during the Stanley Cup playoffs when there are less fighting and less cheap shots because they can't afford a lot of penalties. I understand the comparison to crashes during auto races but for me I like college hockey better because there are no fighting (generally). So given that spirit, I also like college sports better, so I will answer your question about team sports by dividing into pro and college levels.

    1. college football
    2. college basketball
    3. pro football
    4. NBA
    5. world class pro soccer
    6. MLB
    7. NHL
    8. MLS
    9. college baseball

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:35 AM

    I find Ted Nugent amusing. I don't really hate the guy and wouldn't mind going to one of his BBQs and maybe hunt with him. As far as his politics go, he reminds me of the typical NRA right wing zealot.

    I don't see any of the gun owners have their rights taken away like they've said. I'm pretty sure Nugent is still hunting and owns many guns. So I really don't get it. Are they complaining based on principle?

    I wonder what Romney thinks of Nugent's remarks? Also, though I don't think that Nugent would attack the president (or die trying for that matter), I would be concerned about fans of his or fans of the NRA that would make such an attempt. But if you think about that, it would not help their cause because someone was shot or killed by a gun.

    President Obama was in the Detroit area yesterday and was met with a lot of opposition in the streets. One of my favorite quotes was from a woman who said she did not like Obama because she wants a president who represents all people and not for interest groups. I thought how ironic of a statement this was. Did she mean a president that was pro NRA, pro life, pro banks, and pro big oil?

    As far as the sports list goes, there was a reason why I didn't want to put college down because I didn't think it was appropriate. My list consisted of the sports in general (with consideration for all levels).

    I don't like the NBA but I do like college basketball. Thing is, I could watch college football and the NFL more than any combination of the other sports.

    I would watch any sport for my school over almost any other sport. If my school were playing college baseball at the same time an NBA game was going on, I'd watch it before the NBA game. But if it's another college, I would probably watch the NBA game.

    By the way, you forgot to mention college hockey in your list even though you list the NHL! As far as MLS goes, I can't stand to watch it, but I do like to watch World Cup or some of the Euro leagues.

    On a side note, I'd like to say Happy Birthday to my favorite Asian Gay Male tomorrow. So a big shout out to the FABULOUS George Takei, Sulu from Star Trek!

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man