Sunday, September 15, 2013

I have finally regain consciousness after witnessing Michigan almost losing to Akron.  This goes to show that there is not that much difference between the so called power houses and the doormats.  It is also difficult to predict how 18-22 years olds play one week to the next.  For that matter from 1 hour to the next.  Witness UCLA sleep walk through almost half the game to only wake up and score the last 38 points of the game.  Of course, having lost a teammate the week before and playing at 9 am west coast time could have big effect on a team. 

The Pac 12 beat the Big Ten in 3 out 4 meetings yesterday.  Wisconsin should have won to even it up.  The ending was poorly officiated.  It was difficult to tell if the Wisconsin qb had taken a knee before putting the ball on the ground.  But the officials should have called something and let the replay official sort it out with the clock stopped.  Instead nobody called anything and the ASU player just lied on top of the ball so that the clock ran out. 

Now that Cal has a coach that run the up tempo offense, it is now accusing other teams of faking injuries to slow it down.  Last season it was Oregon accusing Cal (and others) of faking injuries.  I never thought that faking an injury is bad sportsmanship.  I mean, if my lungs are burning, I am injured!  Anyways it is difficult to tell who is faking.  One thing they can do is make the player go off the field for 3 plays instead of 1 like it is now.  Or they can have 3 injury timeouts per half, like the old 20 second timeouts in basketball.  If they used those up and a player is injured, they will have to use the regular timeouts.  This way, they will be less likely to fake an injury so that they can save their timeouts.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:39 AM

    I am the last person to know, besides maybe your wife, that Wisconsin lost. I think there's a lot of parity in college football, which to me, is great.

    There's only one powerhouse now, at that's Alabama. And the Tide has shown that on any given Saturday, it still can lose. So nothing is given.

    What is given, is that this season of Breaking Bad has been incredible. I remember maybe you saying that you are a fan of the show. A good idea would have been for you to have done a Breaking Bad blog.

    I am in awe of how the writers are able to tie in parts of the story line that happened seasons ago.

    My question is, did they plan all this? Or was it just luck?

    Keeping things light, what are your predictions for DWTS (a show, which I do not watch!).

    My early top four are: Corbin Bleu, Amber Riley, Elizabeth Berkley (who is from my hometown), and Snooki.

    I have Jack Osbourne just outside looking in. I think he has a very good chance, if he can physically handle the work. His sister was very good and I think he'll do just as well.

    I also like Christina Milian, but I don't know if she'll get the votes from viewers.

    Out of my top 4, I think that Amber Riley will take it. She's got the fan support and since she's already shown she can move, once she starts to lose weight, she'll only get better. Plus, she has Derrick Hough on her side, which will help.

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breaking Bad is a great show. A lot of times a good show cannot keep up with the expectations during its final season. But BB has met and gone beyond expectations, in my opinion. I cannot write a blog on this show because other have done better analysis of the show than I can. It would be like me analyzing great literature when Cliff Notes are already available.

    Who are these people on DWTS? Corbin Bleu sounds like a chicken dish. Isn't Berkley a city where a great university and a lot of crazy people gather to protest? Snooki sounds like a billiard game. I only saw Valerie Harper and Snooki last night as I came home late. I think Harper will last long due to sympathy votes for her illness and age. I understand Amber was tremendous and got a 27. I don't remember anyone getting a 27 in the first week. So she must be the top contender right now. The only other person I know is Keyshawn Johnson and I understand he did not do well. Maybe he can catch up to his neighbor Justin Bieber and instead of yelling at him for driving too fast, ask him for dancing lessons instead!

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man