Sunday, December 09, 2018

This is the time of the year I predict the bowl results of the Big Ten.  But before I get to that fun part of the blog, I want to make a comment of Trump's comment about Rex Tillerson.  Tillerson had some not so good things to say about the President.  As usual, Trump attacked Tillerson via twitter right away.  Trump said that Tillerson is dumb as a rock and lazy as hell.  My question is, Mr. President, why then did you pick him as Secretary of State if he is that dumb and lazy?  Tillerson was a way better businessman than Trump, given that he was head of Exxon.  Of course, people had criticized Trump for nominating a businessman with no diplomatic experience to be our top diplomat.  But Trump never listens.  If he keeps criticizing all those people who left him, what would you say about Trump's judgment of hiring them in the first place.

Okay, on to the fun part.  Here are the Big Ten teams who are going to win this bowl season:
Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State and Penn State.  So I predict that the other 6 teams will lose.  I think it is the first time I predict the Big Ten will have a losing bowl record.  I will take Alabama and Clemson in the finals with Alabama winning.  Really going out on the limb here.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:59 AM

    Well, POTUS had to return favors to financial backers and cronies, so he hired Rex. Usually this is an accepted practice, but quite a few appointments were so out of the box that I wondered how long these people would last. I wonder how many oil drilling contracts were signed that we don't know about while Rex was SoS. POTUS still hasn't learned from his mistakes when he made a Fox personality UN Ambassador. At least Stevens had some political experience. This appointment doesn't pass the smell test since this is a highly important job. Someone with diplomatic experience should be in there and not someone who is less than a year away from an anchor desk. In fact, I thought that she would be the next press secretary because she would have been great at it.

    Here are my predictions for the Big Ten bowl games (winners):

    OSU
    PSU
    UM
    Northwestern
    Wisconsin

    I only see 8 Big Ten teams playing, so you might be off in your thinking that 6 teams will lose. If I'm correct, you will only have 4 losing. Only half!

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are both off in our math! There are 9 teams playing. I have Purdue, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Minnesota and Iowa losing. So it will be 4-5 not 4-6. I think Wisconsin and Northwestern are in toss up games. Since I usually gave the Big Ten teams the benefit of the doubt in the past, I decided to go against them this year, thus the losing prediction. You have no faith of MSU defense can shut down Oregon's offense?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:59 PM

    I think I forgot about Iowa. So I will pick them to lose to MSU (Mississippi State). You are correct about the two other games being toss ups. I just had to do something different from you. I'm hoping that Northwestern will continue to play well and that Wisconsin's QB will be back. If he is out for the game, then I reserve the right to change! I think that MSU's defense could hold Oregon to under 30, but the offense has to still score, and it hasn't done much all year.

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man