Sunday, April 06, 2014

Good news!  The Georgia legislature has passed a bill allowing possession of guns in places like churches, airports and government buildings.  This will make us all safer in Georgia according to the bill's supporters. What better way to celebrate our heritage than to go back to our wild wild west where every cowboy carried a gun.  Just ask the Indians how safe they felt.

I say the law does not go far enough.  For example, at airports and government buildings you can only have guns up to security check points.  If carrying guns make us safer, why do we even have check points?  Why should our second amendment rights be abolished at a check point?  If we can stop crimes with our guns outside, why can't we stop terrorists inside the airport with our guns?  I am sure someone like George Zimmerman will protect us by going up to a real terrorist, question him, and then shoot the terrorist in self defense.  If he did not have a gun, I am sure Zimmerman will not be so brave as to go up to someone so dangerous.  So let people like Zimmerman and the ex-policeman,  who shot someone in a theater for criminally talking on the cell phone, carry guns to protect all of us.

Lastly, why do they have check points at the Georgia legislature building?  Why can't someone go into the Georgia legislature chamber with a gun?  You never know if some bad guy may be in the audience and is upset about the debate on the floor and decide to attack the legislators.  With good guys in the audience with guns, this type of violence will be stopped right away.  So no metal detectors inside the Georgia legislature!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:23 AM

    Something tells me you are not serious here!

    I really don't know what to say about this. I do fear that people will be more likely to be shot over dumb things.

    If I live in Georgia, do I invest in a gun to protect myself from the other people with guns?

    Do I buy a bullet proof vest and hope no one shoots me in the head?

    You mentioned the wild wild west. What happened years ago where people just stopped carrying guns? Was there a ban on them or something?

    I see the Tigers are out west. Should be a fun series to watch. Too bad it's during the week. I'll be in bed by the 2nd inning!

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try to avoid going to Georgia, Texas and Florida where gun and self defense laws are absurd. Can a country that kills thousands of people by guns be considered civilized?

    I already jinxed Ryu so I won't say anything about the Dodgers-Tigers series. On a positive note, did you know that Denny McLain lost 160 pounds? But there goes his chance to play Michael Moore in the movies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:46 PM

    I was thinking of this on my drive home yesterday. Is this the beginning of maybe more guns on the streets? Is it safe to say that in about 10 years that we will have more states with laws like Georgia?

    If you think about it, there really is no slowing down for gun rights. It can snowball at some point. Even people who are against guns may have to buy a gun just to protect themselves.

    I am not anti-gun, but I can picture things getting really scary. What kind of world do we live in when we fair going out without a gun?

    By the way, having a "gun-free" society still has its problems. Someone will always have a gun, despite it being illegal. Take what happened in China as an example:

    http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/02/world/asia/china-railway-attack/

    Though I like my chances against a knife or sword if I am running away, whereas I can't outrun a bullet!

    As far as Denny McLain goes, I was just saying last week that he looks like Michael Moore! He doesn't look much like he did in 1968 for sure. None of the Tigers really do now, but Jim Price seems to look about the same since the 70's.

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lets look at the stats: For every justifiable shooting there are 22 tragic shootings. Of the 22, 4 are accidental, 7 are homicides and 11 are suicides. Even if you say that the homicides and suicides are not the fault of guns because theoretically one can use other weapons, accidental deaths still outnumber the so called good shootings by 4 to 1. And some of the so called self defenses are questionable at best in places like Florida and Texas. The Zimmerman case adds to the self defense shooting stats but lets be real, Zimmerman would not have the guts to confront Martin without a gun on him.

    Sure, even with strict gun laws shootings can occur. Bad and crazy people kill, even in Japan, China and Norway. But the odds are overwhelming that you will be way safer from gun violence in those countries than in the U.S. It is like saying you can get lung cancer without smoking but the chances are much lower than if you do smoke. I have yet to hear from a pro gun person explaining the discrepancy of our death rates from guns vs other countries. Are we just more uncivilized than the Japanese, the Brits and the Canadians?

    Good game at Dodger stadium although you are probably sleeping already. I can't watch the game because DIRECTV has not made a deal with TWC yet. I hope they never do but these two games I would have watched.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:55 AM

    Well, the problem is that we will never go to a no-gun society, so what can be done? I don't know the answer. If California passed a law like Georgia (I know, highly unlikely), would you move?

    Looks like the game last night was pretty tight. Of course, Phil Coke, one of my least favorite Tigers of all time, blew the game in the 10th.

    Gotta think these teams are pretty evenly matched. I am interested to see what happens the next two games. I always think that your 3 and 4 pitcher are telling how good your team is.

    Did you hear that Valverde is the closer with the Mets now that their original closer had Tommy John surgery?

    There is no doubt in my mind that Davis or White will win DWTS now. I give the edge to Davis. She is just superior in body control and she understands what it is like to be the female partner in dancing.

    -LBOAYM

    ReplyDelete

Use the following html code to make a clickable link in your comment (instructions in the sidebar). You can test the link by previewing your comment.

<a href="http://angryyellowman.blogspot.com">Angry Yellow Man</a>

The above example will display as Angry Yellow Man